We Are Of Intelligence and Beauty💕
Being black and a woman in this country is hell. We’ve heard for years what our ancestors have gone through historically whether it be in school or on our own accord. We’ve been told..Wait let me rephrase that. We have been stigmatized to believe that we have never been the Beauty standard. If we talk intellectually, we sound “too white.” If we use our black vernacular we sound “too black.” We as black women cant even own our shit, own what we fight or have fought a literal tooth and nail for without being told “you’re too aggressive” and that also goes for standing up for ourselves too. When we’re full of confidence, we’re too much. When we’re quiet, shy, have a natural bitch face we’re too bitchy. When we clarify what we want in a relationship long term or not we’re doing too much. When we fight for men specifically black men, we’re being too extra or need to calm down. When we date outside our race, we’re letting ourselves continue the “slave master” mentality. When we call anyone out for any of these comments, we’re “taking things out of context and should be focusing on what truly matters.” One thing I’ve learned in my 18 almost 19 years of living is that we are the most disrespected in every sense, in every aspect. The moment we decide we deserve our own movement to acknowledge us for once. It’s a problem. I’ve accepted that we’ll always be perceived as a problem. But, that won’t stop me from being an unapologetically intellectual transparent beautiful black woman. I figured it would be fitting to start off my official legitimate post as a “sit down, shut up, and listen” topic. As a disclaimer, I being the Gemini I am got rid of my old website because it didn’t fit me. It did not show me at my best and did not showcase as good of a writer I know I can actually be. So, here we are from weebly to WordPress because I’m fulfilling my aesthetic and my vibe on this one. There will be no holding back.
As I was saying I feel especially since we’re still technically “fresh” into the new year, that this will be the time we can all unapologetically be ourselves fully. Meaning, dark skins actually getting praised as they deserve, black women with their own businesses flourishing, fulfilling our dreams, improving ourselves, networking, falling in love with what we’re passionate about, calling out our community on its fuck ups. Such as, colorism, treating black men constantly like victims even when they’re problematic, putting black women down & making them question their worth, that self hating vibe y’all try to project onto us trying to work on ourselves, pick mes putting their “KANGS” first over their children etc.. Let’s not act like we’re the Brady bunch and everything’s all fine and dandy just because we sing Kabwe whenever a black celebrity does what they’re supposed to do. Which is why I specifically named this Black Girl Magic. Because we’re the ones that keep this shit together yet never I mean NEVER get credit for it.
I’m going to be honest and say that we cannot continue to let our personal insecurities get in the way of standing up for what we truly believe in. Our culture. Our history. Our love for ourselves.
Let me break this down for y’all who are problematic and refuse to understand what we’ve been saying:
1. Pick mes need to stop projecting. They’re black women on every single platform, in your local neighborhood, probably a few in the supermarket when you’re shopping for your “kings” that are trying to tell y’all we are not the problem. You, YALL treating your men like gods and treating yourselves like a peasants got y’all out here looking stupid. Stop it. Love yourself. Leave him. Get yourself someone who will treat you better and not expect you to pick up after them. You’re not their mama, you’re their significant other. STOP IT.
2. Light skins need to not put themselves in dark skin places, meaning don’t make yourselves center of attention CAUSE IT GOT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU. Y’all are literally the white woman of our race. Now, do not get me started on the whole “We all matter, we’re supposed to come together. Not divide.” If that’s your first thought, you missed the whole point of this post all together. Light skins and mixed women by society’s standards are the closest thing to achieving or even comparing to the white counterpart. As in, y’all are appealing and appreciated 24/7 and have never been told otherwise or have not been dehumanized in anyway. Dark skins have always been dehumanized, made fun of for their extremely black features, and have been compared to horrible things. But, guess what YALL ARE THE TRUE EPITOME OF BEAUTY. And if light skins take part with their white friends in that toxic behavior to down y’all, DO NOT LISTEN TO THEIR LAME ASSES. Dark skin women glow without even trying, they make colors pop (fashion and makeup included), they’re talented in every field because they work way harder than anybody, and they deserve to feel completely confident and have a positive representation just like they have always deserved.
3. Those white celebrities y’all say are goals, looks and lifestyle wise aren’t. Sorry not sorry. This is a black girl magic dedication post after all. We are the blueprint. Those celebs that get BBW’s are inspired by what we have naturally, beauty gurus who tan darker or where darker foundation, inspired by dark/brown skins. The trendy styles, especially hair styles y’all white magazine editors and writers love so much. We created that, that’s our culture, that’s apart of us. The genres of music y’all love to take over and claim as your own (sounds familiar right) yeah that’s ours as well. I could continue on but I think you get the point.
4. The strict social media policies (specifically facebook and instagram) that take down pro black justice related posts and let the Instagram white basic hoes and their stans harass us and call us every possible slur never get taken down but ours always do. We know. We notice. Just want to make that clear.
5. I’m pro hoe. Sex workers should not be frowned upon for getting their money and surviving. We need to stop that stupid narrative of “she’s a hoe if she does this and this.” First off is it your body? No. Does it effect your life in anyway? No. Do you really need to know every single detail of their life and how they got there? No. I’m just saying if you’re that insecure as a pick me that you need to monitor your mans whereabouts, text messages, and constantly blowing up his phone you need help. Cause in reality your husband might just be a customer, might just use your money and pay sex workers for their services because they can’t stand y’all pick mes and need space but are probably just with you because you hang on their every word and pick up after them. Again I’m just saying what has been said a billion times. It’s the truth though. Which leads me to..
6. My blog is authentically me. In every aspect. I speak on what’s important to me. No holds barred. If this blog was a wrestling match it would be a falls count anywhere because I’ve never had any chill whatsoever.
7. Do not disrespect me, I am a Gemini Sun with an Aries Moon and a Virgo Rising. Meaning I could drag you nonchalantly and go about my day like it never happened. I’m actually being serious I’ve already dragged pick mes by their barely there edges do not bring your negative energy around me cause I’m not going to hesitate to read you. 8. I’m a spiritual being, a lot of my wholesome posts will be centered around mental health, loving yourself, unpacking old habits, and balancing your mind, body, and soul.
9. I’m black y’all. Sometimes or most of the time I’ll speak “properly” but that doesn’t mean I never use vernacular. I do. I swear too. Depending on how passionate I feel about a subject/topic. Also that doesn’t make me any less of a lady for doing either. Stop that narrative also.
10. I’m a logical person over emotional unless the subject is really personal, you won’t see me out here like Ushers Confessions.
11. I am straight forward. I don’t sugar coat unless I feel it’s necessary to be.
12. Support my dreams & I’ll support yours. 13. If you want to debate you’re going to have to PayPal me at least $80 first, if my time is wasted while doing so you can add another $20 onto that $80. My mind is full of a lot of information, history, multiple different levels of subjects depending on how open minded you might be. I better be payed if I’m debating.
14. Human beings deserve to be treated with respect THAT is not up for debate. Also, say proper pronouns if they ask you specifically and if you don’t know that they have specific pronouns at least stay neutral with it.
15. Welcome to my blog!! Focused on lifestyle & fashion. Enjoy my content it’ll be lovely💖🌷 nothing but positive real energy but gotta make it clear the boundaries not to cross y’all.